Sound gross? I mean, it’s vinegar, so it kind of is. The first time you try it, I swear it feels like you’re having foot juice. But don’t let that deter you!
Apple cider vinegar does some amazing things for our body and does not have to be consumed on it’s own. There are plenty of yummy recipes available throughout the web that you can try. Personally, I like adding 2tbs of apple cider vinegar to an 8oz glass of water and either mixing that with honey, cinnamon, lemon, and a dash of cayenne pepper or having it with tangerine/grapefruit juice, agave nectar, ginger, and fresh mint leaves. You can also try mixing it with some olive oil and chia seeds for a yummy salad dressing.
So what are the benefits of apple cider vinegar? Here are a few:
- It works wonders for your skin! ACV has properties that help promote the renewal of skin cells. I actually use it as a toner when I’m noticing my skin is starting to look a little lackluster. Just try not to let anyone get too close to your face because it’s definitely going to make you smell like a hot foot forest.
- It gives you energy. ACV is loaded with an array of B vitamins which are responsible for converting the food you eat into cellular energy. Try the first of the two cider cocktails I mentioned above. That one contains honey which, in combination with ACV, will give you a real energy boost! It’s also rich in vitamin A and C.
- Tummy issues? Apple cider vinegar is chock full of natural enzymes that encourage healthy bacteria in the digestive system and helps regulate metabolism. This, in turn, helps manage digestive disorders like boating, diarrhea and constipation.
- It might smell pretty bad on it’s own but regular consumption of ACV will help regulate your skin’s pH levels and fight off body odor.
- It aids in circulation by breaking up the mucus in your body and cleansing your lymph nodes.
Just remember to grab raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with the “Mother”. Probably the most popular brand is Bragg’s, which you can find at any grocery or health food store.
Enjoy your detox!